Department of Cardiac Sciences
Heart disease remains a leading threat to the health of Indians. That’s why our experienced cardiac team is committed to delivering expert care for your heart. At Mukat Hospital + Heart Institute, we offer a broad spectrum of cardiac services from non-invasive tests for early diagnosis and treatment to Interventional heart catheterizations. We have been doing Electrophysiology Study (EP) and Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) for a long time now. At Mukat Hospital, you can expect a personalized, coordinated approach and the caring attention you deserve – all aimed toward achieving great health results.
Major Ailments Covered Under Cardiology
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Congenital Heart Defect
- Rheumatic heart disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Cerebral vascular disease
All our machines use state-of-the-art digital technology for superb performance, improved reliability, ease of use to meet the expectations of Cardiologists to give a single solution for Cardiac and Vascular Imaging.
- Fully-equipped CATH. LAB
- IABP Devices
- Cardiac OT
- Full-time consultants
- EP Study & RFA
Mukat Hospital, Chandigarh started Department of Cardiology in 1994 with basic facilities for monitoring and treatment of patients. Over the years, the department is recognized as the, state of the art cardiac centre in the region. Hospital is proud of providing all cardiac care facilities starting from intensive care to highly skilled cardiac interventions, non-invasive investigations and treatment. The care of treatment provided is at par international standards.
At Mukat we have an integrated healthcare centre with a dedicated team of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiologists who work in cohesion to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to patients suffering from heart disorders. Our team of Doctors, Nurses, Technicians and other heart experts are there to ensure unmatched excellence in patient care.
The Department of Cardiology at Mukat is committed to provide compassionate, state of the art, proficient care to heart patients at an affordable cost. Our highly qualified team of Cardiologists along with the latest technology ensures the best possible care for a wide spectrum of heart ailments.
Our mobile CCU (Ambulance) is fully equipped to save the “Golden Hour” for the patients under heart attack.
At Mukat we commit our efforts, time & expertise to people suffering with heart problems in order to facilitate them continue life’s journey with the healthiest possible heart.
- Highly skilled dedicated staff.
- 24×7 availability of cardiology consultation at the centre enabling quality care to the patients and round the clock interventional cardiology services.
- One of the best Cath. Labs in the region. PHILIPS Allura Flat Panel FD-10
- 12 Cardiac Intensive care beds
- Supported by latest Echo-Cardiography and TMT machine
Why Choose Us?
Mukat Hospital offers a comprehensive range of heart and vascular care services available to patients in Chandigarh & Panchkula, from sophisticated screening and diagnostic tests to advanced medical treatment using the latest in technology and equipment. Mukat Hospital is proud of its performance the following:
- Team of highly qualified and experienced cardiologists
- Round-the-clock comprehensive care
- Trained and highly skilled Cath.Lab Technicians
- Pre and Post Cath. Care
- State-of-the-art Coronary Care Unit
- Convenient location
- Well Equipped Emergency Department
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
Mukat Hospital + Heart Institute offers the very best cardiac care in terms of safety and design in order to minimize the incidence of infection in the operating area. This enables the heart surgeons to operate on the precious hearts of all age groups.
If you’ve had a heart attack, chances are you may have already had some procedures to help you survive your heart attack and diagnose your condition. For example, many heart attack patients have undergone thrombolysis which is administered within a few hours of a heart attack. If this treatment isn’t done immediately after a heart attack, many patients will need to undergo coronary angioplasty or coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG) later to improve blood supply to the heart muscle.
The department of cardiothoracic surgery is well-equipped with:
- Dedicated Cardiac OT
- High-end anesthesia machine
- High-end anesthesia monitor
- Laminar flow with HEPA filters
- Cold ceiling lights
- Heart-lung machine
- Surgical-ICU furnished with monitors & ventilators
- IABP Devices
The Department is well supported by allied departments like Radiology and Pathology. Our Cardiac Surgery Department has a team of highly experienced surgeon & cardiac Anesthesiologist to handle all routine and complex cardiac surgeries. Some of the services offered are:
- Bypass Surgery (CABG) – On Pump and Off Pump
- Open Heart Surgery (MVR / AVR)
- Pacemaker Implantation – Single Chamber and Double Chamber
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
Internal Medicine encompasses the care of all adults, healthy and sick. Doctors in general internal medicine are trained to manage patients presenting with a wide range of acute and long-term medical conditions and symptoms.
Our doctors in general internal medicine have particular expertise in diagnostic reasoning, managing uncertainty, dealing with co-morbidities (complex medical problems involving multiple symptoms and conditions) and recognizing when speciality opinion or care is required.
- Complete Family Checkup (General Checkup)
- ECG, ECHO,TMT,CT,X-RAY,ULTRASOUND
- Hospital care
- Critical Care
- Lab services
Internal Medicine is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of:
- Rheumatological Problems
- Asthma, COPD
- Blood disorders
- Heart disease
- Hormonal disorders
- Thyroid Disorder
- Kidney disease
- Seizure Disorder
Nephrology And Urology
The Department of Urology at Mukat Hospital provides treatment strategies for urology conditions that are both routine and complex. Our team of highly qualified and experienced consultants are supported by the most advanced medical and imaging equipment, supported by the latest Lithotripsy machine for Urinary stones. Mukat Hospital has one of the most reputed Dialysis center in Tricity, maintaining highest standards of quality.
Major Ailments Treated:
- Acute Kidney Failure
- Intrinsic Kidney Diseases, including diabetic nephropathy, hypertensive kidney disease, glomerulonephritis and chronic pyelonephritis
- Proteinuria and Hematuria
- Anemia related to Kidney disease
- Fluid and electrolyte disorder, including edema, potassium, acid-base, and calcium disorder
- Nephritic syndrome and other Glomerulonephritis
- Regular Haemodialysis round-the-clock 24×7
- Bedside hemodialysis for patients in the intensive care unit
- Sustained low-efficiency daily dialysis (SLEDD)
- Separate Dialysis machines for HBsAg & HCV positive patients
- Peritoneal Dialysis-CAPD and CCPD training program for patients and their caregivers
- Percutaneous Renal Biopsy under Ultrasound guidance.
Major Ailments Treated:
- Kidney Stones.
- Prostate Cancer.
- Bladder Cancer.
- Bladder Prolapse.
- Haematuria (blood in the urine).
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Male Infertility
- Interstitial Cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Overactive bladder.
- Prostatitis (swelling of the prostate gland)
- Urethral Stricture
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Kidney, Bladder & Prostate Cancer
- Endoscopic and Laser Surgery for Kidney, Ureteric & Bladder Stone
- PCNL, URS, Mini PCNL
- Anastomotic urethroplasty
- Surgery for stress incontinence in female
- Surgery for Male Infertility (subinguinal varicocelectomy)
- Optical Internal
- UrethrotomyUreteroscopy (URS)
- Trus guided Prostate Biopsy
- Endoscopic and Laser Surgery for BPH (Prostatic Enlargement) and Stricture Urethra
- Reconstructive Urethral Surgery
Why Choose Mukat Hospital for Urology and Nephrology Services?
- Expertise in using specialized technologies and minimally invasive surgical techniques for treating urology conditions.
- Acute inpatient hemodialysis
- Postoperative care and management of kidney/cancer patients
- Coordinated care for kidney disease in pregnancy
- Coordinated care for any kidney procedure
- Nutritional management of kidney disease
Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Your physical strength and fitness is like a body’s mini statement which is very necessary to be maintained. If in case you fall short of balance here, at a very young age, you can be victim of many physical ailments. Knee problems, fractures, spinal issues, joint pains, etc. are all those ailments which hamper your daily life. The orthopedics department at Mukat Hospital aims at providing patients with treatments and corrective measures for a healthy musculoskeletal functioning with services good enough to meet international standards.
Orthopedics department is focused on providing solutions for physical ailments. They offer a long array of services including:
- Partial/Total Knee Replacement
- Partial/Total Hip Replacement
- ACL Reconstruction
- PCL Reconstruction
- Meniscal Repair
- MCL & LCL Repairs
- Closed Reduction with Internal Fixation for fractures (CRIF)
- Open Reduction with Internal Fixation for fractures (ORIF)
- Closed/Open Reduction of Joint Dislocations
- Rotator Cuff Repairs
- Total Hip Replacement
- ACL Reconstruction
- Elbow Reconstruction
- AVN Core Decompression
- Amputation Surgery
- Bankarts (Shoulder) Reconstruction
- Knee Aspiration and Injections
- POP Applications
Major Ailments Covered
The orthopedic department offers medical solutions for the following ailments:
- Joint Pains
- Ligament Injuries
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Rheumatic & Crystal Disorder
- Gout/ Pseudo-Gout
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Ligament Injuries to the Knee
- Torn Meniscus
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfers or Baseball Elbow)
- Spine Disorders
1. Degenerative Disc Disorders
2. Cervical Spondylosis
4. Disc Prolapse
Why Choose Us
Skills and success stories build the goodwill of any orthopedic surgeon and that is why one must choose Mukat Hospital for orthopedic solutions. Dr. Amritpal Singh and his team are experienced and skilled in conducting surgeries and guiding you towards a healthier being. This is where you can get the right solution for your problems and regain physical strength and fitness.
Neurons are the conduits of electrical energy and chemical energy, transmitting signals to various parts of the body. Thus the nervous system can be referred to as energy transmitter of the body.
At the Mukat Hospital, our Neurological team is adept at providing the best possible treatment and care to individuals suffering from neurological problems like:
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke
- Demyelinating disease of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis
- Headache Disorders
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system
- Movement disorder (Parkinson’s disease)
- Cerebral Strokes
- Cranio Spinal Infection
- Pediatric Neurology (Developmental Anomalies)
- Chronic Headache
- Spinal Cord Disorders
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
Neurological services offered at the Mukat Hospital have an excellent backup facility from intensive care team. Effective management of acute strokes with clot busters or intervention as required can be done backed by the state of art technology in imaging. The Mukat Hospital neurological labs are fully equipped with the latest:
- EEG – For the evaluation of seizure and epilepsy, unexplained episodes of unconsciousness and coma
- EMG (Electromyography)
- (NCV)Neuropathies and peripheral nerve disorder
General And Laparoscopic Surgery
Minimal Access/ Laparoscopic Surgery is a surgical technique which involves small (keyhole) incisions instead of large cuts. The surgeon introduces a telescope with a video camera through the incision into the cavity and operates by viewing the surgery on a real-time TV monitor.
Mukat Hospital is proud of its state of the art technology, medical expertise and commendable success rate in the surgeries done here.
This approach helps in easy and quick recovery of patients as they usually walk around in a few hours post surgery and can resume their daily activities in no time. Laparoscopic surgery causes less pain as compared to normal surgery and has impressive cosmetic results.
Services Offered under Laparoscopic Surgery
- Gallbladder Stone
- Umbilical/Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal (Groin Hernia)
- Heartburn/Food Reflux (Fundoplication)
- Intestinal Surgery
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Rectal Prolapse Surgery
- Hemorrhoids (Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy)
Gastroenterology addresses the ailments related to the human digestive tract, including the esophagus, small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, rectum, colon and biliary system. The Gastroenterology department at Mukat Hospital has an endoscopy suite which is equipped with the best of video endoscopy equipment and the workforce includes doctors which expertise in handling Gastroenterology-related ailments (Gastroenterologist).
Services and Major Ailments Covered
The Gastroenterologists here are trained well in conducting surgeries, lab tests, endoscopic examinations and other important diagnostic functions that are involved in this department. The department provides treatments Procedures like:-
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Liver Biopsy
- Esophageal manometry
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Why Choose Us?
The Gastroenterology department at Mukat Hospital strongly believes that only medication and diagnosis are not the solutions for all Gastro diseases, rather, a comprehensive treatment involves attention towards diet and lifestyle as well. Here’s how we can make a difference:
- The team works in close compliance with the radiology and pathology departments
- Well equipped with a team of qualified and trained consultants capable of conducting all complicated GI surgeries
- Gastroenterology department is equipped with all facilities required for diagnostics and therapeutic endoscopic procedures
- Mukat Hospital provides you the best healthcare facilities for major gastro diseases by using advanced equipment and diagnostic procedures
Anesthesiology is that branch of medical science that deals with the relief of pain of surgical patients before, during and after the surgery. This department is responsible for looking after surgical procedures, cardiac arrest cases, pain management and surgery-related issues. The experts of this department aim at providing patients with high degree care, keeping their safety and satisfaction the primary focus.
The experts of the anesthesiology department at Mukat Hospital take intensive care of patients undergoing complicated and painful surgical operations. The anesthesiology department offers:-
- Full-time Emergency unit
- ICU Units
- Complete 24×7 team of doctors with expertise in critical and emergency care
- 3 Ambulances
- Ventilators for critical patients available on priority
- State-of-the-art ICU and OT Complex
Why Choose Us
Anesthesiology Department at Mukat hospital is not only backed by a team of trained doctors but is also equipped with necessary machinery required for all operations and services. Patients going through surgical operations need assistance and good medical care to deal with the pain caused. Ensuring that the patient needs are met is why one should opt for Mukat hospital.
Gynecology is that part of medical practice that focuses on the ailments and well-being of the female reproductive system. The gynecology department at Mukat hospital offers a complete package of women health care services. Women suffer from different ailments at different stages of their life and for that, they require medical assistance. It may even be in general related to a cyst in ovaries, their uterus, birth control, menopausal issues, or any other major or minor issue. Solution to all these issues and much more can be found at Mukat’s gynecology department.
Mukat hospital offers a long array of services and solutions to ailments in the gynecology department. They are:-
- General Gynecology
- Adolescent Health
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Birth Control (including Essure and Mirena)
- Immunizations (including the new Gardasil)
- Menopause Consultation Program
- Screening Tests
- Uro-Gynae Surgery
- D & Cs
- Endometrial Biopsies
- Cervical Biopsies
- Pyometra & Hydrometra Drainage
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Wertheim’s Hysterectomy (open & Laparoscopic)
- Ovarian Cystectomy (open & Laparoscopic)
- Oophorectomy (open & Laparoscopic)
Why Choose Us?
The gynecology department at Mukat Hospital offers a wide array of services including complex surgeries, biopsies, and diagnosis for cancers related to the female reproductive system. Besides this, the technologically sound infrastructure of the department is what makes it highly recommended for Gynecology solutions for women in the city.
Dietary & Nutrition
Nutrition is a very important element of a healthy body and mind. It is the simplest way to keep oneself from chronic diseases and ensuring full growth and development. A balanced and healthy diet could be seen as a medical treatment for a number of diseases. So, it is not just a way of preventive health care but is also a way to cure several diseases.
As this is an integral element of treating ailments and avoiding them, it becomes very necessary to keep checking your dietary intake and also paying regular visits to a dietician, just to ensure that nothing is being left out.
Inpatient care-For this section, regular visits with the dietician, a nutritional assessment of the patient to check what deficiencies have to be met and therapeutic diet plan are created in accordance with the needs.
Diet lectures, meeting, and corporate camps are organized by Mukat to ensure that the importance of a balanced nutritional intake reaches everyone.
A good diet plan is just a small decision away! Get in touch with the dieticians at Mukat Hospital to stay away from the diseases and move towards a healthier life.
Reconstructive Surgery is a medical specialty involved in the correction of form and function. It includes a variety of fields: craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, burns surgery and microsurgery
TRAUMA and Emergency Services
ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
Mukat Hospital Emergency Department has a team of physicians and surgeons available round the clock to provide integrated emergent care to patients with various emergencies supported by an infrastructure of testing laboratories, CT scanner, X-Ray facilities, pharmacy stores, operation theatres, and ICU beds.
- The Emergency nursing team is well trained in caring for emergency patients – both young and old.
- We also have minor and emergency surgical procedure capabilities like suturing, SPC, etc, which are done in the minor OT.
- A plaster room is present wherein emergency orthopedic procedures like splinting, application of slabs/ plasters is done
Our department follows internationally accepted protocols like ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) etc for patient-care. Critical and time dependent management is done for acute chest pain, acute stroke, polytrauma, and sepsis. Emergency Ambulance Services are well geared to transport patients to the hospital at a quick pace for which Mukat Speciality Hospital also incorporates dedicated cardiac ambulances with trained medical personnel bringing the services to your doorstep.
The Department of Diagnostics-Laboratory-Medicine at Mukat Hospital aims at enhancing prevention, treatment & cure through research & innovative clinical programs for treating patients. We provide investigations in areas of Haematology, Clinical Pathology, Biochemistry & Microbiology. We have received NABL accreditation – establishing International standards in procedures & quality control. Our multi-disciplinary team works 24 hours a day with an emphasis on accuracy, precision, reproducibility & timely reporting.
Let us look at the scope of testing available in various departments.
The Haematology section is equipped with automated cell counter. Here we deal with various blood tests, detection of parasites in the blood, rapid malaria test, and detection of abnormal hemoglobin, detection of blood-clotting system defects & numerical and count
A wide range of investigations in Serum chemistry, Hormonal assays &other specialized chemistry is done here using fully automatic analyzers.
The laboratory carries out various tests for urine, stool & body fluid analysis such as a spinal, synovial & pleural fluid. In addition, microscopic detection of red cells, pus cells, ova or parasites &chemical examinations are also done.
This section is responsible for bacterial and fungal culture from appropriate sample from patients and providing reports of identification and antibiotic susceptibility. This section deals with the isolation and identification of infectious agents like Bacteria and Fungi. Sensitivity testing i.e. finding an appropriate antibiotic for patients is also carried out. Specimens such as pus, urine, stools, sputum, pleural and peritoneal fluids, cerebral spinal fluid, throat, ear, nose, urethral swabs and so on are sent to the laboratory for culture and sensitivity. Sputum Smears for Tuberculosis as well as culture are performed in special safety cabinets. Serological Diagnosis of diseases, where the culture is negative are also performed.
Medical Oncology is a modality of treatment in cancer care which uses Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Hormonal Therapy and Targeted Therapy to treat cancer in an effective manner.
- Adhering to NCCN and ESMO guidelines
- All conventional chemotherapies performed
- Intraperitoneal and Intrathecal Chemotherapy
- Most advanced targeted therapies
Dialysis allows people with kidney failure (renal failure) a chance to live productive lives. When kidney function decreases to a critical level or complications arise, a person may need to start Dialysis.
Mukat Hospital is providing 24 hours Dialysis services with ICU back-up & daily Nephrology OPD.